When is Easter 2024?
Easter celebrates by Christians to commemorate the resurrection of Jesus Christ and considered as a rebirth of Christianity. It observes on the first Sunday of a full moon day after the spring equinox.
In Pagan times, many groups of people organized spring festivals. People celebrated the rebirth of nature, restoring the fertility of the land and many young animal's births. The origin of hunting and eating of easter eggs starts from here.
In Christian times, spring was associated with the cross and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The cross is remembered on Good Friday, and the revival is recognized on Easter Sunday. The idea of the resurrection connected with the concepts of rebirth in Pagan beliefs.
How people celebrate Easter?
Several churches arrange special services on Easter Sunday, which celebrate Jesus Christ's rebirth after his crucifixion. The traditional celebration of the festival organizes in the church, which involves a dimly lightened church with special prayers sung in recognition of Jesus Christ.
One more necessary feature of Easter is an egg. An egg is a token of rebirth for the Christian community, so they decorated eggs nicely. Eggs can be hard-boiled that can be eaten later, but they may also use model eggs made of plastic, candy, chocolate, or other materials. Egg hunting has become very important at Easter. Probably, Some of the Eggs are hidden by a hare or rabbit. Then children search for those eggs. In some regions, Easter egg hunts are a common way for local businesses to promote their business or may even be arranged by churches.
Use #Easter on social media to mark this day. Send Easter messages to friends and relatives. There are some Messages or wishes which you can send to your loved ones.
- "May this special day of Easter bring joy, love, and peace to you and your family. May the beauty of God, the Son, and the Holy Spirit warm your home."
- "Easter brings fun, Easter brings Happiness, Easter brings God's endless blessings, Easter brings love and the freshness of spring. Happy Easter to you and your family!"
- "Warm greetings and best wishes to you and your family. May God shower you with all the great things that you want, for He has risen!"
- "Easter brings God Endless Blessings, Easter brings new loveâ€¦ Happy Easter to You, with all best wishes!"
Is Easter a federal holiday?
Easter Sunday is not a federal holiday, but many stores closed in various parts of the US. If they are open, they may have limited business hours. In some cities, public transportation systems usually run according to their regular Sunday schedules. But, it is best to check with local transportation officials to see if any changes implemented during Easter Sunday.
Most of the services for Federal Express and UPS remain closed for Easter Sunday. Nasdaq, the New York Stock Exchange, and other major U.S. exchanges closed on Easter, of course, because it is a Sunday. Most stores and restaurants are open on Easter Sunday, but some national chains, including Target, Costco and Chick-fil-A, close on Easter.
Are Banks Open on Easter?
For Easter Sunday, banks that are normally closed on Sundays, remain closed on Easter. Besides, banks with branches that usually open on most Sundays, including TD Bank remain closed on Easter.
Interesting Facts Related to Easter
- For many Christian groups, the first Easter ceremony for the year is the Service of Light. The worship typically begins in darkness on the previous night or in early Sunday morning. Light is taken into the church with candles to signify the hope based on the resurrection. The service ends with the lighting of a paschal candle, which depicts Christ.
- Easter eggs symbolize new life and also signify the shape of the tomb of Jesus.
- The colors for Easter are white and golden. Easter lilies are attractive decorations in American churches. The blooming of white flowers are in the spring season and signify the beauty and purity.
- Easter marks the 40-day fast of fasting, the end of Lent, preparation, and penance observed by the faithful.
- The Easter season begins on Easter Sunday and lasts 40 days until Pentecost. The Easter date is determined by the moon. Easter is the Sunday after the initial full moon of springtime.
Other Popular Holidays
Good Friday is also recognized as Holy Friday. It primarily observed as a Christians festival. The Good Friday's date cha....
Columbus Day observed in most states of the United States, a federal holiday commemorating the arrival of Christopher C....
New Years Day
New Year's Day celebrates on 1 January and marks the start of a new year in the USA, follows the Gregorian calendar. It i....